As winter’s cold grip loosens on Hanoi, the city has been named one of the ideal travel destinations for March by American-based Business Insider.
The list is compiled based on analysis of flight tickets, weather and popular travel periods.
Hanoi in March enjoys a mild climate with average temperatures ranging from 17-24 degrees Celsius, with the cold winds long gone and the sun starting to shine.
The capital is also quieter following the frenetic Lunar New Year holiday, a major travel season which often ends in February.
Since March is by nature a “shoulder season” when tourism neither peaks nor troughs, travelers can enjoy cost-effective journeys, Business Insider says.
The news website advises wandering around the Old Quarter in the city center, an area it describes as “energetic and mazelike.”
Last year, Time ranked Hanoi at No.1 on its list of Best International Destinations in terms of value for money.
In early 2017, Britain’s Daily Telegraph listed Hanoi as one of the top 10 cities for street food.
TripAdvisor, the world’s popular travel guide and review website, also named Vietnam’s capital in the top 10 destinations for 2017, as voted for by its users.-VNA
- Fansipan Cable Car Review 2022 – Guides, Ticket Price & Tour
- Congratulations to Vietnam Typical Tours for earning a 2019 Certificate of Excellence
- Beautiful snowy winter in Sapa
- Picturesque Valleys in Northern Vietnam
- Sapa – Winter festival 2018
- Sapa- challenging for mountainous trekking
- Top Sapa Tours from Hanoi in Autumn
- What is the weather in Sapa Vietnam
- Best cuisine in Autumn Vietnam
- Traditional Mid-Autumn Mooncake in Vietnam