Are you planning a trip to Vietnam? And your travel takes place during the Tet Nguyen Dan of the Vietnamese.
It will be great for your trip when reading our article: The reasons to choose a travel trip during Tet Nguyen Dan in Vietnam.
1. Tet Nguyen Dan – The biggest holiday in VietNam
“Tet Nguyen Dan”, more commonly known by its shortened name “Tet”, is the most important and popular holiday and festival in Vietnam. It is the Vietnamese New Year marking the arrival of spring based on the Lunar calendar.
Because it is the most important and popular holiday in Vietnam, so this is definitely the occasion you can not miss a great trip at this time.
2. Food with traditional dishes
Only during this time will you have the opportunity to enjoy traditional dishes dedicated to Tet.
Such as: Bánh chưng (Sticky square cake), this is a food made from glutinous rice, mung bean and pork, added with many other ingredients. Bánh Chưng is covered by green leaves (usually banana leaves) and symbolizes the Earth, invented by the prince Lang Liêu from Hùng King dynasty. Besides traditional reason, Bánh Chưng is chosen as the main food for Tet holiday.
3. Many unique festivals
Vietnamese Tet holiday is considered one among ten the world most unique festivals. This is the chance for Vietnam tourism to attract tourists from all around the world.
At any destination during your trip on this occasion, You will have the opportunity to see many unique festivals
Sapa’s festival has “Quet lang” festival of Xa Pho people, Tet Nhay festival of Dao people…
Ninh Binh has Bai Dinh pagoda festival, …
4. The best time to learn Traditional customs of Vietnamese people
This is the most suitable time for you to learn about the traditional customs of the Vietnamese people such as: lucky money, happy new age, xông nhà…
This is also the best opportunity for you to feel a Vietnamese traditional Tet.
5. Live in the flower world
Spring – the season of flowers. You will see flowers blossoming everywhere.
Ochna integerrima (in the central and southern parts of Vietnam) or hoa đào – peach flower (in the northern part of Vietnam) or hoa ban (in mountain areas). These are typical Tet flowers.
Colored of this flowwers represent the fertility and fruitfulness that the family hopes for in the coming year.
So, we belive that a Vietnam holiday in Tet Nguyen Dan. It will be a wonderful experience to be in Vietnam for the duration of Tet.
- Congratulations to Vietnam Typical Tours for earning a 2019 Certificate of Excellence
- Fansipan Cable Car Review 2019 – Guides, Ticket Price & Tour
- Beautiful snowy winter in Sapa
- Picturesque Valleys in Northern Vietnam
- Sapa – Winter festival 2018
- Sapa- challenging for mountainous trekking
- Top Sapa Tours from Hanoi in Autumn
- What is the weather in Sapa Vietnam
- Best cuisine in Autumn Vietnam
- Traditional Mid-Autumn Mooncake in Vietnam