Lao Cai is a land where people can find many special and typical kinds of wine such as San Lung in Bat Xa, Cat Apple Wine in Sa Pa, and especially Corn Wine in Bac Ha Market.
Corn wine is cooked from the unique material which is planted in the corn terraced-field of Hmong people. Maybe the combination of quintessence of sky and land of the mountainous are, hence the corn is very firm and nutritional here.
Corn kernels in this region are yellow, small, firm and nutritious. Mixing those corn kernels with a kind of special ferment produced from “hong my” (the grain which is similar to millet), H’mong people created a special wine which is unmistakable with other wines made in other areas in the North-Western region.
Nevertheless, the most interesting corn wine made in Street village (Ban Pho) could not be caught up by any other. Because people say that: in Ban Pho has a precious and pure water resource which is Hang De spring. Therefore, people in Ban Pho could make such a nice wine. Corn wine and millet are mixed and being sullen in cast iron bucket for about one week.
So, tourists travelling to Vietnam, please don’t forget try some corn wine in Ban Pho – specialty of markets could be the unforgettable in your trip.
- Fansipan Cable Car Review 2021 – Guides, Ticket Price & Tour
- Congratulations to Vietnam Typical Tours for earning a 2019 Certificate of Excellence
- Beautiful snowy winter in Sapa
- Picturesque Valleys in Northern Vietnam
- Sapa – Winter festival 2018
- Sapa- challenging for mountainous trekking
- Top Sapa Tours from Hanoi in Autumn
- What is the weather in Sapa Vietnam
- Best cuisine in Autumn Vietnam
- Traditional Mid-Autumn Mooncake in Vietnam