Duration:3 days 4 nights
Tour route:Hanoi - Lao Cai - Bac Ha Market - Coc Ly Market - Lao Cai - Hanoi
Price from:$194Book Now
Departure: Every Saturday evening from Hanoi
Pick up: At your hotel in Hanoi
In this three day trip, you will join the locals at two ethnic minority markets in the eastern mountainous region of Lao Cai Province and take a full day trekking to enjoy beautiful landscapes, meeting Flower H’mong, Tay and Phu La ethnic minority peoples, witnessing their every day activities and experiencing their hospitality.
Night 1 (Saturday Night) Take the overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai
Please, be ready at your hotel lobby at 20.00 for a short transfer to Hanoi railways station for taking the overnight train (first class 4 beds cabin with air-condition) which arrive in Lao Cai city, near the Chinese border next morning.
Day 1 (Sunday) Lao Cai // Bac Ha
Early arrival in Lao Cai, on the Chinese border, you will meet your local guide and driver as soon as you check out the station, freshen up and Breakfast before taking 2 hour drive through scenic countryside and then uphill to Bac Ha town at the elevation about 800m above sea level. Check in your hotel, take a quick shower and heading to the market place which is at its best time, crowded with tribal people includes H’mong, Zao, Tay and Phu La. At the market, the Flower H’mong is majority in number and the most eyed catching due to their colorful embroidered costumes. After hours wandering around the market, being excited with the festive atmosphere, taking hundreds of pictures, you may wish to slow down and drop in one the finest restaurant to sample local dishes, taste some corn wine.
The market ends in the afternoon and you will follow locals along the way back to Pho Village of the Tay and Flower H’mong, located in a fantastic valley for a discovery of the village.
• Breakfast and Lunch included, Dinner on your own
• Accommodation: Hotel in Bac Ha Town
Day 2 (Monday) Trekking to villages around Bac Ha
Bac Ha is not only well-known for its Sunday Market but also famous for stunning scenery of the surrounding area and the diversity in culture of the ethnic minority inhabitants. We had designed some walking trips, different in length and grade for exploring tribal villages and depending on your fitness and liking you may choose the right one for you with your guide’s help.
Depart from hotel on foot, you will follow walking path which forms a loop, uphill and down valleys, passing through terraced rice paddies, corn fields, pine forest and many plump gardens…to pay visiting to Tay, Flower H’mong and Phu La ethnic villages. Arriving back to the hotel in the afternoon and the rest of the day is set at your leisure.
• Breakfast and Lunch included, Dinner on your own
• Accommodation:Hotel in Bac Ha Town
Day 3 (Tuesday) Coc Ly Market // Lao Cai and overnight train to Hanoi.
Coc Ly market is a rural market on every Tuesday. About 55 km away from Bac Ha town, the market place lies on the bank of the Chay River, surrounded by steep mountains which are covered with fabulous forest. Attending the market, minority peoples such as H’mong, Zao, Tay, Nung… from remote villages have to wake up very early, walking up and down hills for hours.
Leaving Bac Ha for an hour drive along the main road for an hour, and then turn right to a tough road for 18 km, passing some narrow canyons, mountain passes…stunning scenery! Arriving at the market at its most crowded time, you will join the locals for your one experience until noon. After a simple Lunch, you will board a sampan following the Chay River downstream to explore this off the beaten track region for a discovery of wild nature and minority way of life.
Meet our car again near Trung Do village of the Tay in late afternoon and transfer to Lao Cai station for the overnight train back. Trip ends the next morning on Wednesday when the train arrives early in Hanoi at about 6:00 am.
• Breakfast and Lunch included. Dinner on your own
• Overnight on the train in first class 4 beds cabin with air-conditioning
Tour price includes
• Accommodation: 2 nights in Sao Mai hotel or other standard class in Bac Ha.
• Return overnight train deluxe class in 4 berth cabin with air-conditioning.
• Transfer with private car as indicated in day by day itinerary.
• All meals as listed in day by day itinerary.
• Visiting fee, tax and service charge.
• Local English speaking tour guide.
Tour price excludes
• Meals not indicated in day by day itinerary.
• Drinks and personal expenses.
You might be interested in:
- Exploring Sapa remote villages and Bac Ha market 4 days 3 nights
- Exploring Authentic & Hidden Sapa 2 Days 3 Nights
- Best Sapa Homestay Tour 2 days 1 night (By Express Bus)
- Sapa Trekking & Topas Ecolodge 2 Days
- Sapa Tour 2 days 1 night by Bus fom Hanoi
- Easy Sapa Trekking Tour 2 days 3 nights (Overnight Homestay)
- Sapa Authentic Tours 3 Days 4 Nights
- Sapa Adventure Private Tour 4 days
- Sapa Authentic Trekking & Homestay Tour 3 days
- Highlight Sapa Trekking Tour 2 Days 3Nights