Duration:3 days 4 nights
Tour route:Hanoi - Sapa - Ham Rong Mountain - Cat Cat - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Giang Ta Chai - Su Pan - Sapa - Hanoi
This is an easy hiking trip for almost every one with average fitness and mobility. Exploring the magnificent Muong Hoa Valley, to enjoy its breathtaking landscapes, you will also paying visit to small and isolated hamlets and villages, meet the Black H’mong, Zay and Red Zao at home and at work. The home-stay in Ta Van is a nice experience of local life.
Night 1: Take overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai
Please, be ready at your hotel lobby at 20.00 for a short transfer to Hanoi railways station for taking the overnight train (first class 4 beds cabin with air-condition) which arrive in Lao Cai city, near the Chinese border next morning.
Day 1 : Arrival Sapa – Sapa’s Highlights
Meet your guide and driver upon arrival to Lao Cai Station and transfer uphill to Sapa. Great views of valleys and terraced rice fields! Freshen up and Breakfast before enjoying a leisure walk for brief introduction of this charming town. At the market, you will meet ethnic minority peoples of different groups wearing their traditional costumes made by themselves who come every day selling local products includes vegetable, bamboo shoot, mushroom, medicinal herbs and souvenirs. Later you will follow the footsteps uphill to the top of Ham Rong Mountain for over viewing beautiful scenery of the town and surrounding area, paying visit to an orchard garden and a mini museum which tell you a lot about ethnic minority people living in Sapa and the northwest region. Later in the afternoon, you may wish to continue your walk for 5km down hill to visit Cat Cat village of the Black H’mong or drop in a local terraced café to enjoy your self as the cloud comes and goes.
• Breakfast and Lunch included. Dinner on your own
• Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
Day 2 : Explore Muong Hoa Valley – Homestay
Probably be the most beautiful valley in the region, Muong Hoa Valley lies between two high ranges of mountains running in parallel southeast of Sapa town. From the highest elevation of the mountain range covered by endless forests, rain water follows dozens of streams downhill to the floor forming the Muong Hoa River which peacefully flows through the valley, weaving itself along foots of mountains. Here in this valley, the H’mong, Zao, Zay minority people, has been working on the slopping land and living their own ways for hundreds years.
Departing from Sapa, you will enjoy an easy walk downhill and along Muong Hoa River for a 4 to 5 hours, through terraced fields passing some hamlets of the H’mong people such as Y Linh Ho, Lao Chai…, watching locals at work, paying visit to local homes for a fantastic discovery of their living ways.
Arriving in Ta Van village of the Zay people in the afternoon, you may wish to spend the rest of the day wandering around the village or just sit down a table enjoying a cup of tea over viewing the valley at sunset, hearing sounds of live while your escorted guide prepare dinner.
• Breakfast, Picnic Lunch and Dinner included
• Accommodation: Home stay in local house
Day 3 : Continue exploring Muong Hoa valley – Overnight train to Hanoi
After a typical breakfast with noodle soup or omelet, your guide will be escorted you to visit Giang Ta Chai and then to Su Pan the two villages where the Red Zao and Black H’mong live together.
After Lunch, your vehicle comes to pick you up for the journey back to Sapa. The rest of the day is set at your leisure for freshen up, last shopping for local souvenir before transfer downhill to Lao Cai station for the overnight train back to Hanoi which arrives early the next morning to end this short but interesting trip.
• Breakfast, Picnic Lunch and Dinner included
• Overnight on the train in first class 4 bed cabin with air-con
Day 4 : Arrival Hanoi
5h00 am, arrival Hanoi train station, our staff will pick up and transfer you to your hotel. Trip finish !
Tour price includes
• Accommodation: 1 night hotel in Sapa, 1 night home stay.
• Return train tickets basing on first class 4 bed cabin with air-conditioning
• Transfer with private car or jeep as indicated in day by day itinerary
• All meals as listed in day by day itinerary
• Visiting fee
• English speaking guide
• Tax and services charge
Tour price excludes
• Meals not indicated in day by day itinerary • Drinks of any kind and personal expenses
Things to bring
• Comfortable trekking shoes • Sun Block and wide brim hat • Rain gear and warm clothes • Insect repellent • Original Passport
You might be interested in:
- 3 Days – Sapa Trekking Tour From Hanoi
- Sapa Tour 2 Days 1 Night by Bus
- Sapa Authentic Tours 3 Days 4 Nights
- Sapa Adventure Private Tour 4 days
- Sapa Authentic Trekking & Homestay Tour 3 days
- Highlight Sapa Trekking Tour 2 Days 3Nights
- Discovery Sapa & Conquering Fansipan by Cable Car 2 days
- Sapa Trekking Tour & Topas Ecolodge 3 days
- Luxury Honeymoon Package in Sapa 3 Days
- Sapa Discovery Tours by Bus – 3 Days