A cable car, capable of carrying up to 35 passengers, connecting Muong Hoa Valley and Fansipan Mountain, is debutted yesterday in northern mountainous Lao Cai Province.
At the inaugural ceremony, representatives from Guinness World Records presented a certificate recognising the system as the world’s longest three-rope cable car (6,292.5 metres).
The facility was also named the three-rope cable car system with the world’s biggest height gap between its departure and arrival stations (1,410m). It is able to carry up to 2,000 passengers per hour, with each cabin accommodating 35 people.
The system shortens the travel time to the peak of Fansipan – the highest mountain in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia at 3,143m. It will now take 15 minutes, instead of two days of climbing.
The project designer, Doppelmayr Garaventa Group, said that with the world’s most modern three-rope system, the Fansipan cable car will withstand harsh weather, guaranteeing visitors’ safety.
The system is expected to help boost the number of tourists to Sapa by 30 to 40 per cent every year and reach 3 million by 2020. It will also be the main tourism service in Sa Pa for the next few years.
At the inauguration, Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai said the cable car system would help energise socio-economic development for Lao Cai and the entire northwestern region. It will turn Sa Pa into a stronger magnet for domestic and foreign visitors.
Viet Nam’s Sun Group began construction on the cable car system in November 2013 with consultations from Doppelmayr Garaventa.
Some photos of the inauguration ceremony:
- REVIEW: Superquick Northern Vietnam Trip 5 days of Vietnam Typical Tours Company
- Top 5 Overnight Trains To Sapa From Hanoi: Budget to Luxury
- Train or Bus – Choosing the best way to get to Sapa from Hanoi
- Top Things To Do in Sapa – Do you know ?
- Sali house – one of the “dreaming” houses in Ta Van Valley, Sapa
- Tips travel: Top Things To Do in Vietnam
- Conquering Fansipan Easily by Cable Car System
- Sapa a great place for trekking tours
- 5 experiences Vietnam not to be missed when come here
- Where are the best places to eat Banh cuon Hanoi (Rolling steamed cake) ?