Two Vietnamese towns, Da Lat in Lam Dong province and Sa Pa in Lao cai province, have entered the new list of the top 10 rising destinations in Asia in 2017 by popular travel booking site Trip Advisor.
This voting result is based the opinions of millions of visitors on the quality of accommodation, restaurant, attraction, and growth in hotel booking demand. Accordingly, Da Lat and Sa Pa ranked 4th and 6th positions on the list.
Da lat City
Da Lat, situated 1,500 meters above sea level in the Central Highlands, came in at number four in the top 10 list of rising destinations in Asia. Given various nicknames such as the city of eternal spring, the city of flowers and the city of love, Da Lat is recommended for providing a cool respite from Vietnam’s year-round hot weather.
TripAdvisor appreciates Da Lat as the ideal destination for leisure and relaxing with the cool climate year-round and beautiful French-style villas surrounded by pine trees and farms growing exotic vegetables and flowers.
Meanwhile, around 2,000 kilometers to the north is Sa Pa, known for its trekking trails. The colourful town is recognized as a perfect oasis for travellers interested in mountain trekking or visiting the terraced rice paddy’s. Especially, visitors don’t miss opportunity to conquer Fansipan Mount – the “Roof of Indochina” and discover the culture of local ethnic people.
Tourists can visit the Saturday night “love market,” the Gothic stone church at the town center which is a reminder of the French missionary influence, and many downtown Vietnamese and European restaurants.
Other top ten ranking destinations included Baku city (Azerbaijan, first place), El Nido (Phillipines, second), Jodhpur (India, third), Jeju (Republic of Korea, fifth), Hualien (Taiwan, seventh), Kuching (Malaysia, eight), Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia, ninth) and George Town (Malaysia, tenth).
- Bac Ha Mountain Market is one of the hub for ethnic traders in Sapa
- Join First German style Christmas Market held in Hanoi
- Top interesting activities for your Christmas holiday in Sapa
- Top destinations for your Christmas holiday in Vietnam
- Travel to Sapa with winter festival 2017 on December 23
- 7 days to explore Halong Sapa with Vietnam Typical Tours
- Vietnam’s weather in December
- Conquering Fansipan, Sapa in December !
- Discover to the Year-end festival in Northern Vietnam
- Learn about : the special food in Ha Giang