Duration:3 days and 4 nights
Tour route:Hanoi - Sapa - Silver Waterfall - Cat Cat - Ban Ho - Thanh Phu - Sin Chai - Ben Den - Lao Cai - Hanoi
Departure: Every evening from Hanoi
Pick up: At your hotel
One full day touring all highlights of Sapa, two days trekking, 7 hours each day, through the remotest region of Sapa District, you will enjoy much the wonderful scenery dominated by terraced paddies and some well protected part of Hoang Lien Son nature reservation, meet tribal peoples from all five minority groups and witness their unique way of life. Staying over night in bamboo hut of the Red Zao amidst wild nature is also a lovely experience.
Night 1: Take overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai
Please, be ready at your hotel lobby at 20.00 for a short transfer to Hanoi railways station for taking the overnight train (first class 4 beds cabin with air-condition) which arrive in Lao Cai city, near the Chinese border next morning.
Day 1 // Sapa town // Silver Waterfall and Tram Ton Pass
The train arrives at Lao Cai station early at about 06.00, where your guide and driver waiting for you and an hour transfer uphill the Hoang Lien Son mountains to Sapa. Great views of valleys and terraced rice fields along the way! After Breakfast, you will walk for a brief introduction of this charming town. At the market, you will meet many ethnic minority peoples from different groups, wearing their traditional costumes made by themselves, selling local products includes vegetable, bamboo shoot, mushroom, medicinal herbs and souvenirs…
Afternoon, your Sapa guide and driver will pick you up at about 14.00 for a drive up hill to the famous Silver Waterfall and then onto Tram Ton, the highest mountain pass in Vietnam at 1,800 m above sea level for enjoying the magnificence of Hoang Lien Son Mountain Range as well as over viewing spectacular landscapes of the whole area. On the way back, you may wish to enjoy a short trek for about nearly 2 hours to Cat Cat Village or just wandering around town. It is good preparation for your trip the next 2 days.
• Breakfast and Lunch included. Dinner on your own
• Accommodation: hotel in Sapa
Day 2 // Sapa // Ban Ho // Thanh Phu // Sin Chai
After breakfast, you will leave Sapa for 2 days trekking to explore the remote area of Sapa. An hour drive along the only road through fantastic Muong Hoa Valley, you will enjoy much the scenery and many photo stops and later arrive in a beautiful valley near Ban Ho, a Tay ethnic village. Begin trekking from here for a bout 3 hours around Ban Ho, and then following a trail winding along the bank of a river to Thanh Phu village where we enjoy Lunch break. After walking around to visit Thanh Phu you will continue to Sin Chai, a beautiful village of the Red Zao people at high elevation, here you will wander around the village for a culture discovery. Enjoy village atmosphere at sunset in the sound of nature and rural life. Dinner and stay overnight in this village.
• Breakfast and Lunch and Dinner included
• Accommodation: Bamboo Hut or Home stay in Red Zao village
Day 3 // Sin Chai // Ben Den // Lao Cai
After a good sleep in bamboo hut, you wake up for an early breakfast and repack your luggage for the long trek heading toward Lao Cai. Once you leave Sin Chai, the trip takes you into a fabulously mountainous area, the most remote part of Sapa. En route you meet children’ curious eyes as you are very first tourists passing by. Red Dao ethnic minority inhabits the entire area. The trail running through bamboo forest and thick jungle for the whole morning until Nam Ket village where we stop for lunch.
After lunch, your trek will be mostly downhill. After about half an hour, you will have an opportunity to enjoy great views of an ever green valley lying along the west bank of the Red River. You eventually arrive in Ta Thang village of Tay minority. Here you will be transferred by car to Lao Cai. The rest of the afternoon is set for freshen up, relax and dinner before boarding the train for Hanoi, which arrives early next morning and trip ends.
• Breakfast and Lunch included. Dinner on your own
• Day room for shower and rest near Lao Cai station
• Overnight on the train in first class 4 bed cabin with air-conditioning .
Tour price includes
• Accommodation: 1 night hotel room in Sapa, 1 night home stay
• Return train tickets basing on first class 4 bed cabin with air-conditioning
• Transfer with private car and jeep as indicated in day by day itinerary
• All meals as listed in day by day itinerary
• Visiting fee and English speaking guide
Tour price excludes
• Meals not indicated in day by day itinerary
• Drinks of any kind
• Personal expenses and insurance
Things to bring
• Comfortable trekking shoes
• Sun Block and wide brim hat
• Rain gear and warm clothes
• Insect repellent
• Original Passport
You might be interested in:
- The Best Sapa Tour by Bus – 2 Days
- Highlight Sapa Trekking Tour 2 Days 3Nights
- Discovery Sapa & Conquering Fansipan by Cable Car 2 days
- Sapa Trekking Tour & Topas Ecolodge 3 days
- Luxury Honeymoon Package in Sapa 3 Days
- Sapa Discovery Tours by Bus – 3 Days
- Authentic Trekking & Homestay Sapa tour 3 days
- Sapa Highlight Tour by Bus – 2 Days
- Sapa Hard Trekking tour to Ban Ho village 3 days
- Sapa Valley View Trekking Tour – 2 Days