Duration:4 days 5 nights
Tour route:Hanoi - Sapa - Ta Van - Seo Mi Ty - Den Thang - Ta Trung Ho - Nam Toong - Ban Ho - Sapa - Hanoi
Departure: Every evening from Hanoi
Pick up: At your hotel in Hanoi
Three days trekking from the centre of spectacular Muong Hoa valley up and down hills you will challenge your feet with hard trekking while enjoying beauty of nature, meeting and making acquaintance to tribal peoples from different ethnic groups to enrich your knowledge with different culture and way of life. You also have chance to experience peoples and especially their hospitality while staying two nights in their homes.
Night 1: Take overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai
Be ready at your hotel lobby at 8:00 p.m, our tour guide and driver will meet and pick you up for a short transfer to Hanoi Station to take the overnight train to Lao Cai City.
• Overnight on the train
Day 1 : Lao Cai – Sapa – Ta Van – Seo Mi Ty
Pick up at Lao Cai station upon your early arrival for over an hour transfer uphill to Sapa by mini van with A/C. Freshen up and Breakfast before walking around the town centre and paying visit to the market. Back to our Sapa office for a short transfer southwards by jeep to Ta Van village of the Zay peoples where your trekking begins. The morning trek is really challenging because the path is tough and mostly uphill but you will enjoy many short breaks for resting. The scenery gets more beautiful and the view gets wider as after every hundred meter you walk. After a long break for Lunch, the trek gets easier and the trail winds its way through an area of the nature reservation. Enjoy your discovery of the wild nature before paying visit to an isolated village of the H’mong, watching everyday life activities before arriving to our camp site which is nearby a river away from the village. You may join your tour guide and porters putting up tents and prepare dinner or fancy a walk around to stretch the legs and discover wild life. Evening comes earlier than usual and everyone sit down near the fire for dinner and revise of what you got today.
• Breakfast and Lunch and Dinner included
• Accommodation: Homestay in Seo Mi Ty Village
Day 2 : Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho
Breakfast and follow a narrow trail sneaking through thick rainforest for a couple of hours, crossing some old suspension bridges and then suddenly the view opens to a wide valley with beautiful terraced of rice paddies in all shapes as you approach to Den Thang village of Black Hmong by noon. Here you will drop in some local homes and visit a school before sitting down for Lunch.
Afternoon trek becomes tougher on tinny footpath going up and down hills to Ta Trung Ho village. Here you will, with your guide, spend the rest of the day walking around the village, visiting homes, talking to the Red Zao people for your discovery of a unique culture and way of life. The area is not visited by tourists and outsiders till recently, so the people is little bit reserved but hospitable and frank.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included
• Accommodation: Homestay in Ta Trung Ho Village
Day 3 : Ta Trung Ho – Nam Toong – Ban Ho – Sapa
Saying good bye to our host, you are now on the path again, from the fringe of the rain forest of the Hoang Lien Son mountain, ascending through forest and terraced rice paddies and corn fields to Nam Toong, another village of Red Dao and here lunch will be prepared in a local school. It is interesting to spend time talking with the teachers and playing with children, teaching them some English. They are very keen to learn new things.
Continue our trek in the afternoon descending to Ban Ho valley dominated by Tay peoples. Crossing the river by suspension bridge you will walk through this large and well organized village composed by over a hundred large wooden houses built on stilts, enjoying your discovery of the Tay way of life as well as making acquaintance with local peoples. Picked up and transfer by jeep to Sapa late in the afternoon, check in your hotel and relaxed.
• Breakfast, Lunch included, Dinner on your own
• Accommodation: Basic hotel in Sapa
Day 4 : Sapa free day – Overnight train to Hanoi
Enjoy the whole day to explore Sapa town on your own. Our recommend is to take a walk to Sapa market, where you can meet tribal ethnic peoples such as Black H’mong, Red Zao, Zay… from nearby villages come every day selling their farming, gathering products: Vegetable, bamboo shoot, mushroom… and of course handicrafts for souvenir. Continue walking the steps from the market to the church and then onto the top of Ham Rong Mountain where you can visit an orchid garden and a small museum about ethnic peoples of the Northwest.
Picked up in the afternoon at about 16.00 by mini bus for a transfer downhill to Lao Cai station for taking the night train back to Hanoi which arrive early next morning and your trip ends.
• Breakfast, Lunch included. Dinner on your own
• Overnight stay on the train
Tour price includes
• Transfer from Lao Cai station to Sapa and back in shared mini bus with air-con
• Return overnight train basing on first class 4 bed cabin with air-con
• Accommodation: 2 nights at village and 1 night at deluxe hotel in Sapa.
• All meals as mentioned on above itinerary.
• Sightseeing fee, tax and services charge.
• Local English speaking tour guide.
Tour price excludes
• Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
• Drinks and Personal expenses.
You might be interested in:
- The Best Sapa Tour by Bus – 2 Days
- Sapa Discovery Tours by Bus – 3 Days
- Sapa Highlight Tour by Bus – 2 Days
- Sapa Authentic Trekking & Homestay tour 3 days
- Sapa Valley View Trekking Tour – 2 Days
- Bac Ha Market – Sapa Tour – 2 Days
- Sapa easy trekking and homestay 2 days 3 nights
- Sapa Easy Trekking and Hotel Stay 2 days
- Conquering Fansipan Mountain – “The Roof of Indochina” 2 days
- Conquering Fansipan by Cable Car System 2 days