Duration:3 days 4 nights
Tour route:Hanoi - Lao Cai - Pha Long market - Cao Son - Coc Ly - Lao Cai - Hanoi
Duration: 3 days/ 4 nights
Departure: Every Friday evening from Hanoi
Pick up: At your hotel in Hanoi
Getting away from busy tourists popular attractions. deep yourselves in the beauty of primitive nature in the remote region near Chinese border, paying visit to tribal villages, making acquaintance with local peoples from ethnic minority groups including the Flower H’mong, Black Zao, Pa Zi, Tou Zi, Bo Y and especially joining them at the Pha Long Market for the significant event of the week near… you will enjoy your discovery of new cultures as well as unspoiled nature and having many more friends.
Night 1 (Friday Night) Take the overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai
Please, be ready at your hotel lobby at 20.00 for a short transfer to Hanoi railways station for taking the overnight train (first class 4 beds cabin with air-condition) which arrive in Lao Cai city, near the Chinese border next morning.
Day 1 (Saturday) Lao Cai // Pha Long Market // Cao Son
Meet your local guide and driver at Lao Cai Station upon your arrival, freshen up and enjoy Breakfast before heading north overland 55km to Muong Khuong and turn right for 25km along the Chinese border line to Pha Long Market. This very rural market is not very famous among tourists because of poor transportation and special government permission but really fascinating one for its special festive atmosphere. Joining local tribal peoples you will spend some hours at the market place where all local products and farming tools as well as Chinese cheap consumer goods can be seen for sales. But more than that, you can see and even contact friendly and cheerful minority peoples of different tribal groups in their colorful traditional dresses who come from remote villages mainly for enjoying meeting others for socializing.
After the market, we shall drive back to Muong Khuong for Lunch and continue along the country road along the Chay River and later arrive in Cao Son village which nested in the green color of the mountains, forest and rice paddies. Check in the Eco Lodge and enjoy for free time to discover the beautiful surrounding nature.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included
• Accommodation: Cao Son Ecolodge
Day 2 (Sunday) Exploring villages in Cao Son
Today plan is for walking to explore tribal villages around Cao Son. From the Eco Lodge you will follow quiet village foot path up and down hill through valley and plump fruit gardens passing some villages of the Nung and later to Lung Sen a large village of the Flower H’mong which featured with spacious houses built with earthen walled. After many home visiting you will enjoy Lunch in the village. The walk continue in the afternoon for few hours passing a beautifully green valley of rice and corn fields to visit Seo Lung Cheng village before getting back to the Lodge.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included
• Accommodation: Cao Son Ecolodge
Day 3 (Monday) Coc Ly // Boat trip along Chay River // Overnight train to Hanoi
After breakfast, you will leave the Cao Son Lodge for a drive along a tough country road to Coc Ly during which enjoying visit to some small villages of the black Zao beautifully set on the west bank of the Chay River. Boarding a boat in Coc Ly at noon you will cruise down stream to explore local life in villages along the Chay River. At Trung Do Village you will spend an hour to visit this well organized Village of the Tay peoples with almost nearly a hundred houses built on stilt in a traditional style. The boat trip ends in Bao Nhai where the car and driver waiting for us for a drive to Lao Cai station with some stops along the way for seeing tea plantations. Getting to Lao Cai Station at about 17.00, taking shower and dinner on your own before boarding the overnight train to Hanoi. Arrive at about 6:00 am on Tuesday morning.
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included
• Overnight on the train in first class 4 beds cabin with air-conditioning
Tour price includes
• Transfer with private car as indicated in day by day itinerary.
• Return overnight train deluxe class in 4 berth cabin with air-conditioning.
• Accommodation: 2 nights at the Cao Son Eco Lodge.
• All meals as listed in day by day itinerary.
• Visiting fee, tax and service charge.
• Local English speaking tour guide.
Tour price excludes
• Meals not indicated in day by day itinerary.
• Drinks and personal expenses.
You might be interested in:
- The Best Sapa Tour by Bus – 2 Days
- Sapa Discovery Tours by Bus – 3 Days
- Sapa Highlight Tour by Bus – 2 Days
- Sapa Authentic Trekking & Homestay tour 3 days
- Sapa Valley View Trekking Tour – 2 Days
- Bac Ha Market – Sapa Tour – 2 Days
- Sapa easy trekking and homestay 2 days 3 nights
- Sapa Easy Trekking and Hotel Stay 2 days
- Conquering Fansipan Mountain – “The Roof of Indochina” 2 days
- Conquering Fansipan by Cable Car System 2 days