Duration:4 days 5 nights
Tour route:Hanoi - Sapa - Ta Phin Valley - Tram Ton Pass - Binh Lu - Hon Village - Tam Duong - Pa So Village - Nam Na River - Sapa - Hanoi
Duration: 4 days/ 5 nights
Departure: Every evening from Hanoi
Pick up: At your hotel in Hanoi
This trip is specialized for cycle lovers who wish challenging on two wheels while exploring remote countryside for nature beauty and people contact. From the very tourists’ popular Ta Phin Valley to seldom visited village of Ban Hon or along Nam Na River to Chinese border, you will be amazed by the country’s beauty as well as hospitality of tribal peoples from different ethnic groups such as Black H’mong, Red H’mong, Red Zao, Lu, Thai… who are living their own fascinating ways of life.
Night 1: Take overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai
Please, be ready at your hotel lobby at 20.00 for a short transfer to Hanoi railways station for taking the overnight train (first class 4 beds cabin with air-condition) which arrive in Lao Cai City, near the Chinese border next morning.
Day 1 // Sapa // walking Sapa’s Highlights and Cycling Ta Phin Valley
The train arrives at Lao Cai station early at about 06.00, meet your guide and driver as you check out and an hour transfer uphill the Hoang Lien Son mountains to Sapa. Great views of valleys and terraced rice fields along the way.
After Breakfast your guide will show you around for a brief introduction of this charming town. At the market, ethnic minority people of different groups wearing their traditional costumes made by themselves comes every day selling local products includes vegetable, bamboo shoot, mushroom, medicinal herbs and souvenirs…there are chances for making acquaintance and taking photos.
Later you will follow the footsteps uphill to the top of Ham Rong Mountain for over viewing beautiful scenery of the town and surrounding area, paying visit to an orchard garden and a mini museum which tells you a lot about ethnic minority people living in Sapa and the northwest region. The rest hours is at your leisure.
• Breakfast and Lunch included, Dinner on your own
• Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
Day 2 // Sapa // Tram Ton Pass // Binh Lu // Hon Village
Breakfast and check out your hotel for three days cycle trip to explore the untouched region on the west side of Hoang Lien Son range. Getting out of Sapa town you will challenge you pedals uphill to conquer the height of Tram Ton Pass, the top of Vietnam’s road at about 2,000m above sea level where great view stretching under your wheels. The 25km downhill will be full of fun with many stops for breathtaking scenery. Reaching to Binh Lu town at the centre of a lush valley you will enjoy visiting a small market where the Red H’mong, Black Zao and Lu peoples from nearby villages often come to sell vegetable and fire wood before Lunch. Afternoon’s adventure is cycling up and down hill a narrow road through an untouched region, passing many villages of the Lu ethnic who still dye their teeth black and wear very nice traditional costumes and live in stilt houses. After fancying occasional stops for visiting villages along the way you arrive in Ban Hon, a large village of the Lu formed by nearly a hundred houses built on stilt where we settle down for an overnight home stay.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included
• Accommodation: Home Stay in Ban Hon Village
Day 3 // Hon Village // Tam Duong // Pa So Village
After Breakfast and spend an hour exploring the village, meeting people and witnessing their every day life activities we have to say good bye to the Lu people. your first portion of cycle is easy along quiet and flat road for about 18km passing lush rice fields, tea plantation and villages with mountain back drops before reaching to Tam Duong, the new central town of Lai Chau Province. Here we spend about an hour to join the local peoples including some Red H’mong and Zao at the market. Lunch is served in a restaurant in Tam Duong. Continue cycle along the motor way uphill to challenge another mountain pass for about 25km, and then following the Nam Na River tributary with visiting to Red H’mong and White Thai villages before arriving to Paso, a newly built small town on the bank of Nam Na River. Check in a pretty local hotel and the rest of the day is on your own.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included
• Accommodation: Lan Anh Hotel, the only one in town
Day 4 // Exploring the Untouched Region // Overnight train to Hanoi
This morning you will fancy a leisure cycle along a quiet country road along Nam Na River to explore the untouched region near the Chinese border. Visiting villages of the Red H’mong and Thai peoples in the region, you have chances to meet very friendly, witnessing their unchanged way of life for hundred of years. Back to the hotel for Lunch and a short break, you will check out and boarding a van for driving all the way to Lao Cai Station for taking the overnight train for Hanoi. Trip ends the next morning as you arrive in Hanoi Station at about 06.00.
• Breakfast, Lunch included. Dinner on your own
• Overnight on the train in first class 4 beds cabin with air-conditioning
Tour price includes
• Accommodation: 1 night hotel in Sapa, 1 night home stay, 1 night hotel in Paso
• Return train tickets in 4 bed shared cabin with A/C, tourist class
• Transfer and supported while cycling by private vehicle for group as in detail itinerary
• Good mountain bicycle with helmet
• All meals indicated in the detail itinerary. Drinking water and snack when cycling
• English speaking guide, visiting fee, government permission, tax and service charge
Tour price excludes
• Meals not indicated in day by day itinerary.
• Drinks and personal expenses.
You might be interested in:
- 3 Days – Sapa Trekking Tour From Hanoi
- Sapa Tour 2 Days 1 Night by Bus
- Sapa Authentic Tours 3 Days 4 Nights
- Sapa Adventure Private Tour 4 days
- Sapa Authentic Trekking & Homestay Tour 3 days
- Highlight Sapa Trekking Tour 2 Days 3Nights
- Discovery Sapa & Conquering Fansipan by Cable Car 2 days
- Sapa Trekking Tour & Topas Ecolodge 3 days
- Luxury Honeymoon Package in Sapa 3 Days
- Sapa Discovery Tours by Bus – 3 Days