Sapa Town in the northern mountainous province of Vietnam has been voted one of the world’s top ten spots for walking by popular travel guide Lonely Planet
The other greatest places for walkers are the Grand Canyon in the US, Aoraki/Mount Cook Village in New Zealand, Lake District in England, Torres del Paine in Chile, Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland, Brecon Beacons in Wales, Kakadu National Park in Australia, Taman Negara in Malaysia, and Dartmoor in England.
According to Lonely Planet, walking can be the best way to experience a place.
For Vietnamese, Sapa is also a top holiday destination, it is a true “Heaven on earth”. With 1.600m higher than the sea level, Sapa has a mild temperature of 15 to 18 Celsius degree. Though this town welcomes visitors all year around, it is generally agreed to be most beautiful in April and May. Before the summer, the weather may be a bit cold and foggy, and after the summer, the rain season sets in.
In April and May, Sapa is blooming with green pastures and flowers, many of which can’t be found anywhere else in the country, and few visitors fail to marvel at the beauty of the cloudy valleys here every summer morning.
Sapa is also home to many breathtaking spots such as Ham Rong Mountain, Silver Waterfall, Rattan Bridge, Bamboo Forest and Ta Phin Cave.
And this is here that adventurers can climb to Vietnam’s rooftop on Fansipan Mountain at 3.143m above the sea level.
- Tips the best addresses to eat in Sapa
- Make a Sapa Tour, is it really worth in your vacation ?
- Places to see flowers peach in Sapa
- Enjoy a wonderful Tet holiday in Sapa, Why not ?
- Watching the peach flowers blossom in Sapa, which month ?
- The best time to enjoy Sapa tour under the snow
- The reasons to choose a travel trip during Tet Nguyen Dan in Vietnam
- Explore Northeast Vietnam Tour in 6 days
- Things you need to know for Sapa Tours in winter
- A short day trip to fully explore North Vietnam in 5 days