O Quy Ho is one of the 5 most daunting passes in Vietnam’s northwestern region. The other are Ma Pi Leng in Ha Giang province, Khau Pha in Yen Bai, and Pha Din between Son La, Dien Bien province and Ngoan Muc Pass in Ninh Thoan. However, with the beauty and magnificence of O Quy Ho pass inspires adventure lovers.
O Quy Ho Pass location in Tam Duong District,Lai Chau province and one third of Sapa District. Across the magnificent Hoang Lien Son range of mountains, O Quy Ho Pass, the unorthodox “King of Northwest Pass” holds the record for a length of up to 50 km and the top of the pass at an altitude of nearly 2.000 m, known as “Heaven Gate”.
This is really a major challenge for long-distance drivers, by providing dangerous roads, a deep abyss in one side and other side, high mountains. However, if overcome fears and climbed to, tourists will have the opportunity to admire the clouds floating like a fairy realm.
So, it is not surprising that O Quy ho is often mentioned with enthusiastic desires to conquer by the adventurous travelers. As the most tortuous and difficult pass in the Northwest, its risky hairpin curves attract and challenge all kind of adventurous motorists. However, these trials reward successful explorers with victorious thrills driving through the limitless curves there. Standing on the top of O Quy Ho with the sight over the horizon, the endless sky and limitless mountains are spread beneath one’s view, mixed with the looming green fields and endless tracks around the mountains. The rivers of clouds above flow in the windy sky build up the nostalgic atmosphere that provides tourists the feelings of being wild birds.
A visitor from Hanoi said that: They have crossed O Quy Ho pass by motorbike twice, once in the daytime and once under a full moon. They had two very different experiences. Under the full moon, the view from the pass was extremely beautiful and romantic.
Blessed by nature, its beauty offers tourists a majestic landscape. O Quy Ho is one of the most attractive destinations in northwestern Vietnam.
And if you are looking for a tour to explore this pass. VietNam Typical Tours – a travel company organize tours of O Quy Ho pass to explore a number of scenic spots there like Thac Bac (Silver) waterfall, one of Lao Cai’s 10 most beautiful waterfalls. The road over O Quy Ho pass has been upgraded making the trip easier for tourists. At 2,000 m above sea level, you can see an ocean of clouds.
You can also find out our tour packages at the following address:
- Top 3 Natural Wonder of Limestone in Vietnam
- “Classic travel package” is most choosed for family holiday in Vietnam
- Where is the best place to eat Pho (Noolde Soup) in Hanoi Old Quarter ?
- Hydroplane in Ha Long Bay – Experiences luxury in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s terraced rice fields listed in the top 14 most surreal landscapes in the world
- The most favored journey – watching terrace rice fields in September
- Suggestions on the best Sapa Luxury Tours
- The Best Northern Vietnam Tours that tourists should know
- Explore Northern Vietnam with a completely new journey druing 9 days
- From Sapa to Mu Cang Chai – The perfect combination for a trip