Muong Hum located in Bat Xat district, about 50km far from Laocai. Muong Hum Market is set on open flat land at the bottom of a large and scenic valley by a small river and surrounded by terraced rice paddies. It is often empty and quiet on the other weekday, waken up and busy on Sunday. This market is well-known as one of the most interesting Sunday market in Lao Cai province and possibly a good alternative trip to Bac Ha market for visitors thanks to the very large variety of the ethnic minority peoples to attend and quite easy to be distinguished through their traditional clothes. The flower H’mong wear thick embroidered yellow and red skirts and blouses while the Red H’mong prefer thinner red embroidered patterns on light batik background; In contrast, the Black H’mong in dark indigo with just some decorative motive at the end of the shirt sleeves and round the neck. Red Zao and Zao Tuyen wear black trousers and shirts with fine yellow embroidery motifs and pay much attention to the decoration to their headgears including silver chains and bells. There are also many Zay, Tay and Ha Nhi people joining the market who wear less colorful clothes but no less beautiful.
- Bac Ha Mountain Market is one of the hub for ethnic traders in Sapa
- Join First German style Christmas Market held in Hanoi
- Top interesting activities for your Christmas holiday in Sapa
- Top destinations for your Christmas holiday in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s weather in December
- Conquering Fansipan, Sapa in December !
- Sapa weather in December & Tips for tourists
- Discover to the Year-end festival in Northern Vietnam
- Overwhelming mountainous landscapes of Ha Giang in late autumn
- 5 ideal destinations with “partner” to travel in late autumn in Vietnam