With its chilly temperatures and magical atmosphere like Da Lat city in Central Highland, Sapa is becoming a favorite destination for New Years Eve 2016 holidays in Vietnam. Sapa is a beautiful town in Lao Cai province, Northwest Vietnam. The town has a lot of tourism attractions and Lunar New Year traditions are waiting for you to discover.
Sapa, one of the most famous tourist site in Vietnam, enchants visitors with it misty scenes, cold weather and its nature landscape in harmony with mountainous surrounding area. Visiting Sapa in this season, visitors will have chances to witness the snow falling.
A trip to Sapa is a gateway to numerous well-known scenic spots. The Ancient Rock Field, the legacy of the ancient Vietnamese, fascinates with its stone engravings scattered among terraced rice fields.
Another favorite spot for tourist is Ham Rong (Dragon Jaw) Mountain, so-called because of it is shaped like a dragon’s head. Ta Phin Cave and Thac Bac Waterfall (Silver Fall) are pristine nature sites. Perhaps best known is Fansipan-dubbed “The Roof of Indochina”, a popular trekking and climbing location and one of the few eco-tourist spots in Vietnam.
For local culture, Cat Cat village, an antique village of H’Mong residents, retains traditional handicrafts such as planting cotton and linen, weaving fabric and making jewelry.
Sapa is well-known for such specialties as green-skinned plums, tiny mushroom, wild boar meat, rice wine, corn cakes, squash cakes and many other delicacies of Lao Cai.
From Hanoi to Sapa, you can catch a train or hire a car to Lao Cai province. From Lao Cai city, you can go to Sapa town by car or motobike at a distance of 38 kilometers. Updated: The new expressway Ha Noi – Lao Cai just opens, reduced 50% time of traveling by car to Sapa.
- Relax and enjoy your full day cruise on Incredible Cruise
- Halong Sapa Tour – A travel trip from the mountain to the bay
- Top 5 Luxury Cruises in Halong Bay – you should know
- Watching Ban Gioc Waterfall – Natural masterpiece in Southeast Asia
- The places welcome Mid-Autumn Festival in Vietnam cann’t miss
- Stunning landscapes along Vietnam Mountain Marathon route
- Are you planning to visit Ha Giang ?
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon 2017 will be held on September 22 at Sapa
- Travelling to Vietnam in September – October, what to visit ?
- Enjoying Vietnamese Food from North to the South