With its chilly temperatures and magical atmosphere like Da Lat city in Central Highland, Sapa is becoming a favorite destination for New Years Eve 2016 holidays in Vietnam. Sapa is a beautiful town in Lao Cai province, Northwest Vietnam. The town has a lot of tourism attractions and Lunar New Year traditions are waiting for you to discover.
Sapa, one of the most famous tourist site in Vietnam, enchants visitors with it misty scenes, cold weather and its nature landscape in harmony with mountainous surrounding area. Visiting Sapa in this season, visitors will have chances to witness the snow falling.
A trip to Sapa is a gateway to numerous well-known scenic spots. The Ancient Rock Field, the legacy of the ancient Vietnamese, fascinates with its stone engravings scattered among terraced rice fields.
Another favorite spot for tourist is Ham Rong (Dragon Jaw) Mountain, so-called because of it is shaped like a dragon’s head. Ta Phin Cave and Thac Bac Waterfall (Silver Fall) are pristine nature sites. Perhaps best known is Fansipan-dubbed “The Roof of Indochina”, a popular trekking and climbing location and one of the few eco-tourist spots in Vietnam.
For local culture, Cat Cat village, an antique village of H’Mong residents, retains traditional handicrafts such as planting cotton and linen, weaving fabric and making jewelry.
Sapa is well-known for such specialties as green-skinned plums, tiny mushroom, wild boar meat, rice wine, corn cakes, squash cakes and many other delicacies of Lao Cai.
From Hanoi to Sapa, you can catch a train or hire a car to Lao Cai province. From Lao Cai city, you can go to Sapa town by car or motobike at a distance of 38 kilometers. Updated: The new expressway Ha Noi – Lao Cai just opens, reduced 50% time of traveling by car to Sapa.
- Top 3 Natural Wonder of Limestone in Vietnam
- “Classic travel package” is most choosed for family holiday in Vietnam
- Where is the best place to eat Pho (Noolde Soup) in Hanoi Old Quarter ?
- Hydroplane in Ha Long Bay – Experiences luxury in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s terraced rice fields listed in the top 14 most surreal landscapes in the world
- The most favored journey – watching terrace rice fields in September
- Suggestions on the best Sapa Luxury Tours
- The Best Northern Vietnam Tours that tourists should know
- Explore Northern Vietnam with a completely new journey druing 9 days
- From Sapa to Mu Cang Chai – The perfect combination for a trip