Location : Lung Phin market is 12km from Bac Ha, 82km from Lao Cai and about 120km from Sapa
Lung Phin market is small market between Can Cau market and Bac Ha.It’s less busy than other markets, and opens on Sunday.If most of the mountain markets in Vietnam happen on weekend, Lung Phin is a different one which is rich local culture meaning.Located in a deep mountain valley, the market is held every six days on lunar calendar (days of the Monkey and the Tiger).This is based on the date of 12 animal designations in clued Rat, Ox, Tiger, Hare/Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep/Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig.
From the late afternoon of the day before, people gather here from the surrounding areas. They have one night to meeting friends who come from other villages. The old people talk about their family, children, works while young people talk about love andsome of them would come with instruments and dance to warm up the cold night.
The morning begins earlier than normal day with sound of people talking, chatting, laughing, singing, steeping since the rooster announce first watch on all trails leading to the market.
Local products for sale or barter are carried on horseback, buffaloes such as blacksmiths, saddlers, traditional medicines, clothing, food. At the market, a lot of people can be seen eating “Thang Co”, a popular dish of the Hmong people. The market is really a must-see for all tourist when coming here.
- Azalea – Typical flower of Sapa
- How much money for a trip to explore Hanoi and Halong Bay ?
- Welcome summer with a Halong Bay Tour, why not ???
- The colors of the flowers on Sapa town
- List homestay in Sapa – Come that don’t visit you will have to lifetime remorse
- Top 3 trendy destinations in Vietnam to check-in– Vietnam Tour
- Eploring northern Vietnam with a amazing tour during 5 days, is it OK ?
- Discover Sapa with a Bac Ha Market tour only with 10 beautiful photos
- Explore Ninh Binh – Halong Bay on land combined with the Ancient Capital
- Sapa – The destination for the experiences with homestay tours