Locating in Lao Cai province, Lung Khau Nhin market is a small market hiding itself amongst the mountains and forests of the far north Vietnam about 10 km from the border with China. It is almost untouched by the modern life with beautiful scenery, with Pine Tree forests and villages surrounding the tiny market. Every Thursday, Lung Khau Nhin market will offer you a great opportunity to meet the Nung, Flower H’mong, Black Dao, Tu Di and Giay minorities.
Lung Khau Nhin Market is one of the famous ancient markets of Lao Cai province. Like other fairs, Lung Khau Nhin has vibrant color of the dresses, blankets, green cabbage and yellow citrus. The main road that runs through the market, people sell fruit and vegetables, pots and personal items. From the main road turn to market is place that people sell dresses, brocade and blankets… After that, visitors come to sell livestock such as: pigs, chickens, dogs and cats… Walk from section to sections, corner to corners, seeing and smelling of different local products such as spices; vegetable; farming tools; handicraft; and even medicinal herb…, meeting smiling peoples every where. The people who sell goods come from all ethnic H’Mong, Nung, Man, Kinh… but the number of people can not speak mandarin fluently.
Although not being so big or famous among visitors as Coc Ly and Can Cau, Lung Khau Nhin market, beside a normal shopping place, play an important role to spiritual life of local ethnic peoples and especially to those who come from very small ethnic groups such as Pa Zi, Tou Zi, Tou Lao who live in small and isolated villages around this corner of the country, come for meeting, socializing…
- Honeymoon in Sapa – What to See and Where to Stay?
- Conquering Fansipan Easily by Cable Car System
- Hanoi among 13 best places to visit in March, 2018
- Learn about: Sapa Biking Tours From Hanoi
- Telegraph: “Now is best time to visit Vietnam”
- Top places to visit during Hanoi City Tour
- Sapa Tours From Hanoi 2 days for weekend vacation
- Vietnam street food tour: Top famous dishes
- Vietnam Famous Destinations From North to South
- Things make you will like about a Sapa Tour