Locating in Lao Cai province, Lung Khau Nhin market is a small market hiding itself amongst the mountains and forests of the far north Vietnam about 10 km from the border with China. It is almost untouched by the modern life with beautiful scenery, with Pine Tree forests and villages surrounding the tiny market. Every Thursday, Lung Khau Nhin market will offer you a great opportunity to meet the Nung, Flower H’mong, Black Dao, Tu Di and Giay minorities.
Lung Khau Nhin Market is one of the famous ancient markets of Lao Cai province. Like other fairs, Lung Khau Nhin has vibrant color of the dresses, blankets, green cabbage and yellow citrus. The main road that runs through the market, people sell fruit and vegetables, pots and personal items. From the main road turn to market is place that people sell dresses, brocade and blankets… After that, visitors come to sell livestock such as: pigs, chickens, dogs and cats… Walk from section to sections, corner to corners, seeing and smelling of different local products such as spices; vegetable; farming tools; handicraft; and even medicinal herb…, meeting smiling peoples every where. The people who sell goods come from all ethnic H’Mong, Nung, Man, Kinh… but the number of people can not speak mandarin fluently.
Although not being so big or famous among visitors as Coc Ly and Can Cau, Lung Khau Nhin market, beside a normal shopping place, play an important role to spiritual life of local ethnic peoples and especially to those who come from very small ethnic groups such as Pa Zi, Tou Zi, Tou Lao who live in small and isolated villages around this corner of the country, come for meeting, socializing…
- A short day trip to fully explore North Vietnam in 5 days
- Corn Wine in Bac Ha, Lao Cai
- Top places for Lunar New Year holidays 2018
- Top places of interest to visit Vietnam in December
- Bac Ha Mountain Market is one of the hub for ethnic traders in Sapa
- Join First German style Christmas Market held in Hanoi
- Top interesting activities for your Christmas holiday in Sapa
- Top destinations for your Christmas holiday in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s weather in December
- Conquering Fansipan, Sapa in December !