Location & History
Hoang Yen Chao Castle is a unique architectural construction combining Eastern style and Western style. Built in the 20th century, it belongs to Na Hoi Tho Village, Bac Ha district. Its proximity to Bac Ha Market (only 300m away) makes it increasingly popular in the recent years.
The castle was built as the resident of Hoang Yen Chao, and later, his son Hoang A Tuong. With two-floor architecture, it also functions as a fortress. The castle possesses a vital location that enables its residents to influence and control the whole Bac Ha valley. From afar, you can easily notice the white castle standing vividly against the blue sky and the green fields of Lao Cai.
High fences, blockhouses and deep trenches, as well as invincible defending towers used to protect the castle from the enemies in the past. Unfortunately, time has swiped away those wonderful features. However, you can still see the system of dangerous strap full of spikes built around the castle (caution: they are real!). After strolling around the construction, make sure that you go inside and take a look at all the vestiges that survive the destructive flow of time!
- Tips the best addresses to eat in Sapa
- Make a Sapa Tour, is it really worth in your vacation ?
- Places to see flowers peach in Sapa
- Enjoy a wonderful Tet holiday in Sapa, Why not ?
- The best time to enjoy Sapa tour under the snow
- The reasons to choose a travel trip during Tet Nguyen Dan in Vietnam
- Explore Northeast Vietnam Tour in 6 days
- Things you need to know for Sapa Tours in winter
- A short day trip to fully explore North Vietnam in 5 days
- Corn Wine in Bac Ha, Lao Cai