Location : Cua Van is situated at Hung Thang Commune, Halong City, 20km away from the tourist boat wharf, the fishing village lies in a calm bay surrounded by mountain.
Characteristics : Cua Van Village has a population of 733 in 176 households. They mainly earn their livelihood by fishing.
This makes it ideal for anchoring boats here. Their floating houses look spacious and clean. The well-off families even have tiled roof houses with radios, television sets, tables and chairs, etc.
The village boasts a training establishment for their children. Over an area of 150m2 lies four classrooms and one small room for teachers. They are the first floating classrooms in Halong. At present, Cua Van has 7 classes, mainly in grade 1 and grade 2. The youngest pupil is 8, while the oldest one is 17.
It is interesting to see the rambunctious children going to school. Their bustling calling and their flopping rowing liven up the atmosphere of the quite bay. Looking at the small boats driven by tiny oars going to school, and the radiant faces of the children, one feels confident in a bright future for the fishing village.
Cua Van Fishing Village now has become a tourist attraction and has been present in the itinerary of almost all tourist agencies.
- Top 3 Natural Wonder of Limestone in Vietnam
- “Classic travel package” is most choosed for family holiday in Vietnam
- The most favored journey – watching terrace rice fields in September
- The charming beauty of Northern Vietnam in pictures
- Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa – The best choice to stay in Sapa for your Sapa travel
- Top reasons why Sapa is perfect for your honeymoon
- Top adventure travel experiences for 2017 that travellers need know
- Tips: Top 5 places to visit in Northern Vietnam before you die
- Swimming pool on mountain at Topas Ecolodge – One of the interesting stops of Sapa
- How hard is the trek to Fansipan mountain peak ?