Lao Cai is a land where people can find many special and typical kinds of wine such as San Lung in Bat Xa, Cat Apple Wine in Sa Pa, and especially Corn Wine in Bac Ha Market.
Corn wine is cooked from the unique material which is planted in the corn terraced-field of Hmong people. Maybe the combination of quintessence of sky and land of the mountainous are, hence the corn is very firm and nutritional here.
Corn kernels in this region are yellow, small, firm and nutritious. Mixing those corn kernels with a kind of special ferment produced from “hong my” (the grain which is similar to millet), H’mong people created a special wine which is unmistakable with other wines made in other areas in the North-Western region.
Nevertheless, the most interesting corn wine made in Street village (Ban Pho) could not be caught up by any other. Because people say that: in Ban Pho has a precious and pure water resource which is Hang De spring. Therefore, people in Ban Pho could make such a nice wine. Corn wine and millet are mixed and being sullen in cast iron bucket for about one week.
So, tourists travelling to Vietnam, please don’t forget try some corn wine in Ban Pho – specialty of markets could be the unforgettable in your trip.
- Honeymoon in Sapa – What to See and Where to Stay?
- Conquering Fansipan Easily by Cable Car System
- Hanoi among 13 best places to visit in March, 2018
- Learn about: Sapa Biking Tours From Hanoi
- Telegraph: “Now is best time to visit Vietnam”
- Top places to visit during Hanoi City Tour
- Sapa Tours From Hanoi 2 days for weekend vacation
- Vietnam street food tour: Top famous dishes
- Vietnam Famous Destinations From North to South
- Things make you will like about a Sapa Tour