Opening: On every Wednesday
Best time to visit: from 09:00 to 12:00
How to get there: The road trip here takes about 2 and a half hours from Lao Cai (75km) and 3 and a half hours from Sapa (115Km)
Upstream the Chay River about 25 km to the north of Coc Ly market, near Chinese border, the remote Cao Son market is simply set in a fascinating nature and surrounded mountains which covered by lush plantation and terraced rice paddies and cornfields.
Cao Son Market is located on the territory Cao Son Commune, Muong Khuong district, Lao Cai province. Upstream the Chay River about 25 km to the north of Coc Ly market, near Chinese border, the remote Cao Son market is simply set in a fascinating nature and surrounded mountains which covered by lush plantation and terraced rice paddies and cornfields.
The village seems to wake up after a week staying peacefully. Most the participants are Flower H’mong, Black Zao, Nung, Tu Di, Pa Di ethnic form villages in the surrounding region but many come from China to add more colors to the market.
Joining the market, you will see cheerful and smiling faces which are everywhere at the market place and the peoples behave like close friends meeting again after long time away.
Commodities for sale at the market is rich, from home produces such as fruit, vegetable, chili, ginger, smelled medicinal herbs, mushroom, bamboo shoot, corn wine, local handicraft, animals includes pigs, chicken, dogs, cats… to farming tools as hoes, plough shares, spades, knives…
The context has colors, emerged a series of sell-side brocade with showy colors, more vivid graphics. These are sophisticated products shown skillful talent from planting flax, enough fiber, weaving, dyeing the embroidered flowers of Mongolian woman, women, and women leaves Phu Dao.
But most attention is still selling the livestock and poultry such as cattle, pigs, chickens, dogs, horses … Air in this area really bustling, buyers, who sell, standing, sitting and scattered the purchase agreement with each other.
A few hundred meters of area for the ethnic dishes. Here, visitors will be easily overwhelmed by the seductive flavors from certain types of cuisine such as pan of aromatic immediate problem winning buffalo meat, horse meat and beef …
A trip here to the market in combine with exploring and visiting the villages nearby is a special offer to those who dare to forget modern facilities of city life and dedicate time and energy to the discovery of the local traditional values.
- Top 3 Natural Wonder of Limestone in Vietnam
- “Classic travel package” is most choosed for family holiday in Vietnam
- The most favored journey – watching terrace rice fields in September
- The charming beauty of Northern Vietnam in pictures
- Victoria Sapa Resort & Spa – The best choice to stay in Sapa for your Sapa travel
- Top reasons why Sapa is perfect for your honeymoon
- Top adventure travel experiences for 2017 that travellers need know
- Tips: Top 5 places to visit in Northern Vietnam before you die
- Swimming pool on mountain at Topas Ecolodge – One of the interesting stops of Sapa
- How hard is the trek to Fansipan mountain peak ?