Located about 76 km from the train station, Bac Ha market in the mountainous province of Lao Cai is the largest market in this part of the country.
- Travel to Sapa with winter festival 2017 on December 23
- Discover to the Year-end festival in Northern Vietnam
- Vietnam’s weather in December
Bac Ha district is inhabited by 14 ethnic minority groups, predominantly H’Mong, Dao, Tay and Nung. The Bac Ha mountain market is selected as one of the most 10 attractive markets in Southeast Asia . It is not only a trading place, but also a venue for cultural exchanges among local people.
The market is held every Sunday with people from 14 ethnic minority groups in nearby towns and villages coming together to trade, exchange news and socialise.
The market used to be the region’s hub for the buying and selling of horses – the most popular method of transport in the mountains — but now it’s a bustling market with a wide variety of goods.
The market is divided into different sections: livestock, handicraft products, clothing, herbs and spices as well as many outdoor eateries for hungry traders, some of them having walked for miles to get there early in the morning.
Join a Sapa Tour From Hanoi with Bac Ha Market, tourists, both Vietnamese and foreigners, are often mesmerised with traders’ colourful outfits, local specialities such as horse stew and corn alcohol and the sheer number of items on sale.
So, Bac Ha market is a well-known attraction in the northwestern region.
- Fansipan Cable Car Sapa – All You Need to Know Before You Go
- Picturesque Valleys in Northern Vietnam
- Sapa – Winter festival 2018
- Sapa- challenging for mountainous trekking
- Beautiful snowy winter in Sapa
- Conquering Fansipan Easily by Cable Car System
- Top Sapa Tours from Hanoi in Autumn
- What is the weather in Sapa Vietnam
- Best cuisine in Autumn Vietnam
- Traditional Mid-Autumn Mooncake in Vietnam